Home » Victorian » Victorian corset – FINISHED!

Victorian corset – FINISHED!

Well, it has been many months – three, I think, although it feels much longer!  Admittedly, the project hasn’t been my number one priority most of the time, but it is now, officially finished! My first, and hopefully not last, corset was finished today, so I’ll quit nattering and get to the photos.

First I had to insert all of the eyelets. I used twelve per length. After much hammering, this was the result:

image

So, the eyelets aren’t perfectly even and are a little out of alignment in some places. I didn’t measure the spaces 100% accurately, so I think it actually turned out pretty well!

Then I added some lovely vintage lace to the top:

imageimageimage

Here’s what it looks like, both sides together:

image

I have yet to try it on, but as soon as I have laced it and adjusted the lacing, I will post more pictures!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s