Home » 18th century » Finished petticoat!

Finished petticoat!

So, carrying on from where I left off last time… I bound the top of the petticoat after pleating:

 

P1090599 And added ribbons for ties because I had them at the time.

P1090600Yay! Finished tops!

P1090616But… It was to short. Damn! So….

I added a strip of fabric which was running stitched and I gathered it slightly so it ruffled a bit. This was turning out to be a ruffle-y, flowery petticoat.

P1090649The added strip of fabric at the bottom. Actually, it ruffled pretty rubbishly, but oh well.

P1090651Side view.

P1090652Back view with my new fichu/neck handkerchief/ neckerchief….. I’m not quite sure of the difference, to be perfectly honest.

P1090653View of the opening with sneakily hemmed sides which you can’t see!

It was modelled by Jeanette, my dress form. I needed a dress form and they are expensive to buy, so I used this: http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Duct-Tape-Dress-Form

That is why Jeanette looks so tacky. Although, she’s almost more trouble than she’s worth. Only this morning did she split her front….

Advertisements

One thought on “Finished petticoat!

  1. Pingback: My 18th century ensemble so far | The Teenage Tailoress

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s