Wow, my blog has only been a blog for 5 days and already I’ve been nominated for an award.
I was nominated by K. Caffee, thank you so much for the honour.
Here are the guidelines for those who are nominated for the award.
1. Thank the person who nominated you for the award.
2. Display the One Lovely Blog Award on your Blog.
3. Share seven things about yourself.
4. Nominate fifteen Bloggers you admire. Inform them by commenting on their Blog.
So, seven things about me:
1. I love to ride. I have my own pony and together we do showjumping, dressage and cross-country. I love my pony to the ends of the earth and he loves me too, I think. Either that or I’m just the Bringer of Food.
2. I love reading. I like to read historical fiction mainly, my favourite books in this genre being ‘The Other Boleyn Girl’ by Tracy Chevalier, ‘Jane Austen Stole My Boyfriend’ by Cora Harrison, the Cat Royal Series by Julia Golding and books by Emily Purdy. I would recommend these books to all lovers of history, young or old.
3. I am an avid writer. Although I write for pleasure now, I’d love to see my stories published one day, for everyone to enjoy. I want to share my love of history with others and felt that the best way to do this would be through writing.
4. I can never finish one project. Well, sometimes I can, but that’s rare. At the moment I have seven stories on the go, of which only two look as if they might be finished ever. The problem is, as soon as I get one great idea, I sit down to write it and another one pops into my head. Another plot, another character, another setting. So I start to write that before I lose the will to write it. And so the cycle continues. So far, my record is 60 pages and 43,446 words of typing. My next hopeful story only has 18 pages so far with 14,950 words. Sigh.
5. I have my own typewriter. It’s not a very old one, but it’s a typewriter, which is awesome. Except that it has run out of ink. Which is not so awesome. So now I can’t tap away on it and drive everyone else in the house to distraction. Hehe.
6. I play the flute and piano. I am currently working towards my Grade 7 Flute and I quit learning the piano a while back, but I’ve taken it up again now that we have a grand piano and can play ‘Fur Elise’ by Beethoven (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mVW8tgGY_w), ‘River Flows In You’ by Yiruma (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsTjI75uEUQ) and Le Onde by Einaudi (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ie951V1yd4A) by heart. I am currently learning ‘Alla Turka’ (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNMOUVHPOI8) by the wonderful Mozart.
7. I am probably the only person my age in England (am I stretching it if I say the World) who has a passion for historical costuming.